229 Woodward Street, Whitfield, QLD 4870
Enter Phone Code when prompted.
Move in with nothing more to do than live, work and play straight away!
This 1950's traditional timber framed colonial lowset Queenslander is positioned in the quiet end of Woodward Street (near Murchison St). Professionally re-furbished for tropical living, the original polished Tulip Oak floors, Tongue & Groove internal cladding and exposed wall framing have been retained, and feature throughout. The modern kitchen features a large bay window that overlooks irrigated landscaped gardens and an inground salt water chlorinated swimming pool. Beautifully appointed, this character home was enhanced for the owner's retirement, but family strings are now pulling them down south.
• If you want new, this home is not for you.
• If you have a few children, then maybe this home also isn't for you.
• If you are a professional, or a couple, and want to move into a home with NOTHING MORE TO DO than live, work and play straight away, then read on!
• If you really want a project, value add to the property by converting the existing shed and adjoining room into income generating self-contained accommodation. Given the land only valuation at $310,000, how could you go wrong?
• If you have a boat, classic car or caravan and want a lockable shed and workshop, then knock yourself out and build exactly WHAT YOU WANT in the ample space available on the western side of the land that already has double gate access.
Homes with this much charm and character with nothing more to do, don't come on the market every day, most particularly in Whitfield. Embrace the fact you could be living within walking distance to the popular Whitfield and Edge Hill hubs of cafes, restaurants and shops, the Botanical Gardens and Centenary Lakes precincts, the Tanks Art Centre, and the famous Mt Whitfield Arrow walking tracks. You'd also be only a short 10 minute drive to the CBD, 7 minutes to the Cairns International Airport, and public transport is close by.
Owners are keen to sell quickly and seek a WIN/WIN arrangement for both the new owner and themselves. When you inspect, get all the facts directly from the owners who purchased this home in 2004...
• Open tropical design main bedroom with built in robes, and bi-fold doors
• The smallest of the bedrooms is outfitted as a dedicated computer/office/study room
• The separate fourth bedroom has a private Porphyry paved entry and would also be ideal as a studio, home office, or Airbnb. Easily add an ensuite to return an income from your investment.
• Kitchen also includes a large pantry, ample storage options, and gas stove top and electric oven
• Bathroom includes bath, separate shower, louvred windows that look out into an irrigated greenhouse
• Separate toilet
• Air conditioning, ceiling fans and breezeways throughout
• Fly screens on all windows and doors, security screening on most
• Lockable shed constructed of heavy-duty steel and hardwood framing - 6m x 4.5m
• Undercover entertainment area - 10m x 4m
• Separate pool equipment shed
• Double carport
• Property has been protected by an Exterra Termite programme since 24/07/2006
• Compliance - has current Form 23 Pool Safety Certificate, Gas Certificate, safety switches, hard wired smoke alarms, and recent annual Pest Inspection Report.
• Property is fully fenced
• All on a generous 771 sqm block
For Sale By Owner (www.forsalebyowner.com.au) is a national service for property owners who are looking to sell or rent out real estate without paying any commission. Whilst every care has been taken to verify the accuracy of the details in this advertisement, we cannot guarantee its correctness. Prospective buyers or tenants need to take such action as is necessary, to satisfy themselves of any pertinent matters.