Well-established, Busy Cafe with Turnover of Over $500,000 for sale. Far North QLD, Cairns Northern Beaches Area.
Cuppa @ Clifton is a well-established café located in Cairns, Clifton Beach, inside Clifton Village Shopping Centre. Cuppa @ Clifton Café has a reputation for always being busy, a strong loyal customer base and a turnover of over $500,000 per year. Cuppa @ Clifton is the only café located inside the Clifton Village Shopping centre, eliminating any competition and ensuring maximum centre customers. It also is the only air-conditioned café in the Cairns Northern Beaches area which is a major draw card with Far Norths Queensland’s tropical humid weather.
The new owners of Cuppa @ Clifton Café will enjoy the laid-back tropical lifestyle that beautiful Cairns and its Northern Beaches has to offer. Clifton Village Shopping Centre is located on the main Highway north of Cairns on-rout to Palm Cove and Port Douglas, and is clearly visible to highway traffic.
Clifton Village Shopping centre services a large catchment area from North of Smithfield to South of Port Douglas, including the locales of Palm Cove Beach, Clifton Beach, Kewarra Beach, Trinity Beach and Trinity Park. In addition to the locals, Clifton Village is the go-to point for the many holidaymakers who stay in the numerous resorts along the beaches area.
The growth and development of the area is increasing every year with several new housing estates currently underway.
Cuppa @ Clifton Café is an open kiosk situated right in the middle of all entry and exit points within the shopping centre giving maximum visibility. All visitors or potential customers have to walk around or past Cuppa @ Clifton Café in order to shop at Coles. This prime position has the café located right in-between the main entry doors and Coles supermarket. The café is known as the ‘hub’ of the shopping centre and the ‘go-to’ meeting point.
Located within the centre is a Doctors surgery, Dentist, Physiotherapists, a massage salon and nail salon. These service providers have many clients that buy from Cuppa @ Clifton cafe while waiting for their appointments or following their treatments. Cuppa @ Clifton is also a popular coffee and lunch break choice for the numerous staff who work within the centre.
Cuppa @ Clifton offers coffee, organic loose-leaf tea, fresh juices, smoothies, milkshakes and other beverages along with cooked breakfasts, lunches, salads, sandwiches, wraps, open grills, soups, quiches and filo’s. Many of the food items are made in-house, including our popular scones, and muffins. We have a large selection of traditional and healthy sweets. All food and beverages are available for dine-in or takeaway. Cuppa @ Clifton has a Commonwealth Bank Eftpos machine installed to take customers’ payments. New owners have the option to add a fee to Credit Card sales to further increase their profit by saving on merchant fees. Cash sales are predominately our customers’ preferred method of payment with the ratio of Eftpos to cash sales approximately 30/70.
Cuppa @ Clifton Café currently operates;
7am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday
8:00am to 4:00pm on Saturday
8:00am to 3:00pm on Sunday
It is optional to open on Public Holidays; however, we generally choose to close if Coles supermarket is closed. The new owner has the opportunity to increase review by staying open longer, especially during the week as Coles supermarket is open until 9pm.
The café currently known as Cuppa @ Clifton Café was originally established in July 2004. Cuppa @ Clifton Café’s current owners took over in November 2014. Since then many additions have added value to the Café including:
• Three new seating areas; A bar style beach table with three bar stools, two cosy tub chairs with a low coffee table, and a large wooden communal table that can seat eight customers.
• Large potted plants to created ambiance and logo barrier dividers to provide a barrier and a sense of cosiness from the dinners in the café and the rest of the shopping centre while increasing the café’s exposure.
• A voucher system, allowing customers to buy their friends & colleagues vouchers from Cuppa @ Clifton as gifts.
• A Cuppa @ Clifton Facebook page to engage and communicate with customers. https://www.facebook.com/CuppaAtClifton/
• A catering menu has been implemented and is very successful.
• A ‘High Tea’ package offered to customers for special occasions or just for fun.
Cuppa @ Clifton Café currently offers a loyalty program for its VIP customers most of whom visit the café every day. For other customers a coffee card is available. (10th coffee free).
Cuppa @ Clifton Café lives up to its tag line of ‘Your local café’ with patrons enjoying a sense of community and using the café regularly to catch up with each other or to participate in community events. The sense of community within the café was in full force when Cuppa @ Clifton hosted the ‘Biggest Morning Tea’ to raise money for the Cancer Council. The local community came together for the Biggest Morning tea and together we raised over five thousand dollars.
Cuppa @ Clifton offers a great ambience, professional and friendly customer service and products of consistently high quality.
Currently Cuppa @ Clifton Café is run under an experience, loyal and competent management team consisting of:
1 x Manager, Permanent part time agreement, approximately 35 hours per week.
1 x Assistant manager, Permanent part time agreement, approximately 30 hours per week.
1 x Head Barista – Permanent part time agreement, approximately 30 hours per week.
1 x Head chef – Permanent part time agreement, approximately 30 hours per week.
3 x Casual staff – Casual agreement, casual hours as needed.
With a full management team in place, the new owners have the advantage of being able to walk in and take over without any disturbances to the everyday running or cash flow of the business.
New owners have the choice of viewing the business as an investment opportunity; they could choose not to work physical hours at the café, but invest time managing the behind the scenes running the café, including the bookwork and marketing strategies while drawing a comfortable wage. This is how the current owners operate the café.
Alternatively, new owners could choose to work at the café to further increase profit by reducing wages costs.
Cuppa @ Clifton Café is using on average 33kg of coffee per week. The current coffee bean supplier is Supreme Roasters. We have found the Supreme Roasters blend to be of very high quality with many customers telling us we have the best coffee in the Northern Beaches area. The customer service from Supreme Roasters is very high, they offer free staff barista training and free freight to Cairns from their Brisbane based company.
Knowledge transfer and training:
The proprietors of Cuppa @ Clifton Café have agreed to share the specific business knowledge, experience and skills held by them for the benefit of the new owner/s. Additionally the proprietors undertake they will work to ensure the new owner/s develop a working relationship with suppliers.
* Great location in shopping centre with a Coles supermarket.
* No nearby competition as Cuppa @ Clifton is the only café in the shopping centre.
* Easy access off Captain Cook Highway.
* Ample customer parking with over 300 under cover carparks.
* Clifton Village Shopping Centre is on the main bus route with a bus stop right outside the Centre.
* Taxi rank directly outside the main doors.
* Café is in a prime location in the centre of the Centre with visibility to all customers who go into the Centre.
* The only café in the Northern Beaches area that is air conditioned. The next closest is in Smithfield, 10km away.
* Seating capacity for 65 customers, plus 2 high chairs for babies/toddlers.
* Well-established business with a strong base of local and loyal daily customers.
* Clifton Village is the main point for the many tourists who visit Palm Cove to stock up on supplies while on holiday. Many will also order from Cuppa @ Clifton while in the Centre.
* Very popular for the shopping centre staffs’ breaks.
* Fully trained competent team in place.
* Opportunity for owner-operator to drive sales and increase profits.
* Benefit from the fantastic lifestyle opportunities beautiful North Queensland has to offer, particularly the Northern Beaches area of Cairns.
* Operating as an independent business, no expensive franchise costs or forced fit-outs.
* Store trades 7 days a week with no evening work.
* Opportunity to extend trading hours to increase profit.
* Established online presence with a business Facebook page.
* History of increased takings every year for the past three years.
* Located in a growth area of Cairns, with the population expected to increase in the next five years.
Contact The Owner
Do not contact our vendors to try and solicit business. This form can only be used for genuine enquiries by those interested in buying or renting this property. If you attempt to solicit business, you are in breach of the Spam and Privacy act, where you are "Soliciting business from online information produced for another intended purpose". All such violations will be reported to ACMA.