29 Fryers St, Guildford, VIC 3451
Enter Phone Code when prompted.
Modern living with 1860's history - a rare gem in friendly Guildford
Featured in books and magazines, this home is a rare gem, that has been built with sustainability and modern style at its core. It is close to the commuter train to Melbourne (located in Castlemaine) and the idealism of Daylesford, all the while situated in a genuine country town that's maintained its honest charm. As this house has so many features, we have outlined them below so you can get a full picture - and the pictures tell the rest of the story. This home is offered for direct sale, for below its current market price. This asking price reflects a loss for our renovation efforts, however an urgent sale is needed as we are moving overseas.
Looking for a quick sale and settlement. Price is firm and fair, contract of sale is ready and we are ready to sell to the first person to accept our offer of sale. We are looking forward to meeting the right person for this stunning, sustainably conscientious home. Let's show that a home can still be sold in an honest way, without all the real estate games.
Please phone us to organise an inspection or to receive a copy of the contract of sale.
The house has: 5 bedrooms (6 if you don't need a home office) - including self-contained granny flat, 2 x kitchens, 3 bathrooms (including 2 baths), dedicated huge home office space, laundry, courtyards, shedding, and space! With new kitchen, kitchen appliances, cabinetry, plumbing, fixtures and more (see full list below).
It has hardwood floorboards throughout, with polished concrete in the studio and paved outdoor courtyard areas. The high ceilings, skylights, and large glass windows/doors throughout make the house feel even more spacious and bright.
- Approx. 3600m2 land size Zoned Township (TZ)
- Town water, mains power & water, bottled gas, grey-water reed bed, septic system, telephone
line, Satellite NBN.
- Established productive gardens and orchard plus substantial chicken coop.
- Separate, lockable, concrete-floored workshop.
- Beautiful stone walling around courtyards.
- More than enough space at the rear of the property for a flock of chickens plus a horse/some sheep/more productive gardens or orchard trees/or a tiny house.
- Easy walking distance to Guilford General Store, Guilford oval, pub, tennis/cricket facilities and public park
- There are 6 solar panels on the roof that get the legacy higher feed-in tariffs which means that despite the enormous size of the house and the fact we often use electric panel heaters in winter, the power bills averaged across the year are still only $200/quarter.
- Solar hot water system, wetback hot water system on fireplace and traditional electric tank hot water system all work together for maximum hot water efficiency in main building plus brand new infinity gas hot water system for newly plumbed areas.
- There are 2 excellent wood burning fireplaces that take care of most of the houses heating needs. Electric panel heaters throughout to add extra comfort.
- This house is passively cooled, as it is solid, shaded, heavily insulated and has double-glazed windows, ceiling fans and venting skylights. It stays super cool even in extremely hot weather.
- There is 20,000L+ roof water storage. Plus a bore/well that always has clean water for the garden.
- Fantastic composting toilet at the rear of the property, which is great for outdoor parties.
Since purchasing we have added:
- Plumbing: Newly plumbed the entire western wing and separate northern building including new infinity gas hot water unit (so the house now has 2 x hot water systems)
- Additional bathroom in the main house: Added a bathroom to the main building, which includes a beautiful claw-foot bath and separate toilet.
- Granny Flat: Added a fully self-contained granny flat including bespoke concrete feature bench, kitchenette and full bathroom.
- Walk in robe: Walk in robe next to the main bedroom.
- Added a bedroom and brilliant new huge home office to the western wing (this home office could easily be a 6th bedroom).
- Kitchen: Fully renovated the kitchen, including Smeg and Bosch appliances, bespoke concrete bench tops, locally made custom cabinetry with recycled hardwood tops and custom shelving.
- Cabinetry throughout: New custom cabinetry throughout the house as there was zero storage before.
- Flooring: Redone flooring in several spaces.
- Fixtures: New fixtures (both plumbing and electrical) throughout.
- New toilets: Throughout the house.
- Repainted throughout.
- Upgraded septic system: Upgraded the old septic outflow system under the orchard so it's entirely future-proofed to handle higher occupancies.
- Laundry: Brand new laundry with beautiful exposed copper pipework.
- Additional bedroom: Converted external space into unique garden room/studio/teenagers retreat including basin.
- Pest/Building Inspection: Complete and happy to share - all is in excellent order, and new sections of roof.
- Brought life back to the beautiful garden: The mature fruit trees are fruiting again the vegetable garden is pumping. The mainly native grounds are thriving. There are now perennial plantings of rosemary, sage, marjoram, asparagus, rhubarb, peaches, plums, nectarine, apples, almond, grapes, nashis, pears, mulberries, roses, lavender, chamomile, globe artichokes, mint, gingko, ash, melaleuca, wisteria and loads of eucalypts.
- Landscaping: Including sand courtyards, garden bed edging, paving,
The house is now lush and sparkling with life inside and out!
Whilst every care has been taken to verify the accuracy of the details in this advertisement, For Sale By Owner (forsalebyowner.com.au Pty Ltd) cannot guarantee its correctness. Prospective buyers or tenants need to take such action as is necessary, to satisfy themselves of any pertinent matters.
Before you buy a home or vacant residential land, you should be aware of a range of issues that may affect that property and impose restrictions or obligations on you, if you buy it. Click Here to read more.