Bangalow, NSW 2479
Enter Phone Code when prompted.
Casa Luna - A sparkling blend of North Coast Australian and European architecture with a distinct Balinese flair.
The wide-open entrance to the property invites with a friendly air and an impressive sculpture bearing the name of the house in brushed stainless letters. As your curious eye wanders, the many features of the beautifully appointed courtyard engulf your senses.
The Bali style cabana set aloft a sandstone walled terrace in front of the home amazes with a view of the tiled reflection pool and relaxing waterfall feature screened by exotic bamboo, bangalow palms and native plants. The cabana is visually and conveniently connected to the main house. The large entry deck features exquisite polished reconditioned timber posts and limestone tiles as themed throughout the house, balconies and decks.
A large double timber door entry leads to the vestibule and beckons you into the light-filled living quarters. The living area has high raked ceilings and splendid architectural elements to let in light including that special morning sunlight. Bifold doors open to the balcony from hence the elevation affords a marvellous view across the leafy valley to a stand of distant palms.
The kitchen in the heart of the house fitted with generous storage and pantry is suitably situated and easily accessed from all areas. The dining room is located in perfect privacy towards the back yard, sun filled all day in winter. Two sets of French doors open the room to the elements, at one side connecting to the main bedroom via a deck. A few steps down the crafted timber staircase allow direct access to the back yard. Each bedroom has French doors and displays a distinct character and has a different orientation.
The house has two levels with four bathrooms in total. The lower level houses the additional feel-good gem of an accommodation that looks straight out onto the terraced backyard from a large covered timber deck. This downstairs living room and fifth bedroom provide for great separate living with its own entrance and access from the bamboo lined breezeway. The bathroom with Italian tiles and a Japanese style bathtub completes the downstairs bliss.
The double lock up garage includes a workers' bathroom. From the garage you can enter the laundry, which also opens to the landing which leads you upstairs. The driveway features a sandstone retaining wall and when walking up the sandstone stairs you find yourself back on the upper level.
The lay-out of the house makes it ideal for entertaining by connecting the interiors and exteriors through a clever floor plan. Solid, well-built features convey the feeling of perpetuity. Ceilings are high, windows plenty and almost every room has French doors to allow the summer breezes to naturally cool the indoors.
Well insulated floors, walls and ceilings maintain an ideal climate and keep moisture well away as does the excellent ventilation. The property is ideally positioned on the eastern side of the ridge. In summer freshening north easterlies provide free air conditioning. If the temperatures should get high, the reverse cycle A/C unit keeps you comfortable.
The home gives you the opportunity to enjoy the fine lifestyle of a rural town that is sophisticated yet not pretentious, popular yet not overrun and a beautiful country road drive to famous Byron Bay Beaches and the world renowned surf at Lennox Head.
• Architecturally designed, expertly built by high end Building Company
• Perfect NE orientation cool in summer, warm in winter
• Professionally engineered to highest specifications
• Well-proportioned elevated 705 sq. m block with an impressive 30.1 metre frontage
• Limestone tiles throughout on cork layer for sound and thermal insulation
• Salt & pepper granite kitchen bench tops/Smeg oven/Bosch dishwasher, ceramic double basin kitchen sink
• R 1.5 wall insulation, R3.5 ceiling and R3.5 floor insulation
• Sandstone feature wall provides thermal mass to maintain a steady temperate climate
• 9.6 kw Daikon reverse cycle air conditioning
• Solar hot water - 315 litre HWS
• 3000 ltr rainwater tank
• 'Coolmax Whitehaven' commercial grade colorbond roofing reduce suns heat transference to deliver maximum thermal performance
• All safety glass thickness is 6 mm for improved acoustic and thermal insulation
• Extra wide roof overhangs around complete house essential for sub-tropical climate, protecting structure from rain and sun
• All structural posts under cover and elevated, prevents decay and eliminates future rotting
• Accessible generous attic space for storage potential or rumpus
• Ample storage on all levels
• Refined custom built features throughout - Recycled Australian hardwood/glass/stone
• Fully tiled reflection/wading pool with water feature
• Bali style cabana/entertaining areas and decks
• Off-street visitor parking separate from driveway
• Terraced established gardens with sandstone walls built by legendary artisan stone mason
• Office opportunity with separate entry in place
• Pesticide free gardens
• Central to Byron, Lennox Head, Mullumbimby, Lismore, Ballina airport and Gold Coast airport
Selected visitors' quotes:
"Everywhere you look, you see poetry."
"I don't think there's any angle of your house that won't make a wonderful photograph."
"It's amazing how you don't see a single neighbouring house when you're sitting here."
"This house keeps on giving."
"It's a house built for comfort."
"Very habitable, this house."
"It's great how the house has an opening to every aspect - North, South, East and West."
"A very distinctive design which sets the house apart."
For Sale By Owner (www.forsalebyowner.com.au) is a national service for property owners who are looking to sell or rent out real estate without paying any commission. Whilst every care has been taken to verify the accuracy of the details in this advertisement, we cannot guarantee its correctness. Prospective buyers or tenants need to take such action as is necessary, to satisfy themselves of any pertinent matters.