67 Ferry Road, Mount Barker, WA 6324
Enter Phone Code when prompted.
Rural Peace And Quiet
Are you looking to escape the rush and bustle of a busy life? If so this beautifully maintained property is waiting just for you.
5.7 hectares of good gravel/loam country that sits high up on the landscape in between the Porongurup and Stirling Ranges and only 40 minutes from the City of Albany and 10 minutes from the town of Mount Barker.
With views from every window of the quality rammed earth and zincalume home, you will enjoy the climate benefits of the solar-passive design.
This is a top quality property in a great region with a cool climate. Owner is downsizing and offers the following features to the discerning purchaser:
OUTSIDE FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Quality rammed earth construction built in 2003
- Passive solar design that includes placement of wet areas on northern side of building to minimise mould
- All weather verandah on back of home and pergola on front
- Double length carport - fits 2 cars or car and trailer
- Dam feeds reticulated vegetable patch and netted orchard
- Fruit trees - orange, lemon, peach, nectarine, apricot, fig, almond, plum, cherry, apples, kiwi fruit and pears
- Chook pen with access to orchard to help keep bugs and weeds down
- Separate powered studio with kitchen cupboard, sink, electric stove, wood heater, electric hws, sink, shower and toilet
- Colorbond 5.8m x 4.4m x 2.5m garage
- Three rainwater tanks - 2 x 23,000 litres and 1 x 91,000 litres
- Storage for wood
- Underground water system to take water away from house
- Gravel road circles house for protection from fire
- NBN connected
- Underground power
- Shire rates approx. $1,100 per annum
INSIDE FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Open plan living with overhead fan, tiled flooring and cathedral ceilings
- Tile fire
- Kitchen has double sink, upright cooker with 4-burner ceramic cooktop and electric oven, overhead exhaust, 2-door built in pantry, fridge recess, solid jarrah bench tops and oak cupboards and drawers
- Built in 2-door linen cupboard
- Master bedroom has walk-in robe with ensuite (shower, vanity and toilet)
- Bedroom 2 is double size with walk-in robe
- Bedroom 3 or office (no robe)
- Main bathroom has vanity, shower, bath
- Showers, ceilings and hallway all larger than normal
- Separate toilet
- Large laundry
- Solar hot water system
- Air cell insulation in roof
The school bus stops at end of the street with school, medical centre, hospital, butcher, IGA, shops and cafes just 10 minutes away in the town. The school is a community college offering schooling from pre-primary to final year of schooling.
This property offers so many opportunities to live a sustainable life in a cool climate and being self sufficient when the power is down.
If this sounds good to you all you need do is get in touch and arrange an inspection.
For Sale By Owner (www.forsalebyowner.com.au) is a national service for home owners who are looking to sell or rent out their own homes without paying any real estate commission. Whilst every care has been taken to verify the accuracy of the details in this advertisement, we cannot guarantee its correctness. Prospective purchasers are requested to take such action as is necessary, to satisfy themselves of any pertinent matters.