187-189 Newtown Road, Bega, NSW 2550
Enter Phone Code when prompted.
Historic "Bismarck House"
Prepare to be enamoured with the beauty and charm of "Bismarck House" circa 1876. Set on a generous 3079m2 double block with extensive frontage to the Princes Highway and offering enviable 360° elevated views over the picturesque township of Bega, properties of this calibre and style are rarely seen in today's market.
The property has a rich and colourful history and has over time has been used as a family home, private hospital, maternity hospital and boarding house. Most recently it has been operating as a high end licensed restaurant, café and function centre and maintains a fully equipped commercial kitchen. With seating for up to 90, full disability compliance and generous parking options available setting up your dream restaurant or function centre will be a breeze !
Heritage listed, the property has maintained most of its' original features, complimented by a full renovation undertaken in 2009. Boasting the original façade; polished hardwood timber floorboards; 12 foot pressed metal ceilings; stained glass doors and sash hung painted timber windows; turned verandah posts and frieze spindles; wide moulded skirtings and architraves, in addition to as many of the original Victorian fixtures and fittings, as could be retained.
The commercial and or lifestyle possibilities for this property are endless and only limited by your imagination. Utilize the current liquor license and DA in place or alternatively take advantage of the zoning which provides for a multitude of commercial possibilities such as up market B&B, community centre, child care centre or professional office suites (STCA).
* Heritage listed property
* Full restoration completed in 2009
* Period features abound - high patterned 12' metal ceilings; Victorian fixtures and fittings
* Seating for up to 90 people in main function room with additional private rooms and outside seating areas
* Full commercial kitchen fitout with gas stove/hot plates/grills, combi electric oven, deep fryers, multiple fridges, commercial dishwasher, dry storage pantry, and ice maker.
* Polished redgum timber bar
* Abundant offstreet car parking 30+ spaces and access for buses
* Full disability compliance with all internal doors modified for wheelchair access
* Ducted and multiple split system a/c's
* Underground LGP gas tanks (2 x 90kg)
* Landscaped gardens with granite cobbled stone paths and cast iron Victorian lamp posts
* 6 foot wide ironbark verandahs with individual handcrafted turned posts and timber frieze spindles
* Fully wired for zoned metering if required
* Potential for multiple commercial uses under existing DA or R2 Residential Zoning / Heritage Listing (STCA)
* 2 1/2 hrs from Canberra and 5 hrs from Sydney with major beachside towns only 10 mins away
Historic properties such as this with commercial potential are a rare find, don't miss the opportunity to fall in love with "Bismarck House".
Whilst every care has been taken to verify the accuracy of the details in this advertisement, For Sale By Owner (forsalebyowner.com.au Pty Ltd) cannot guarantee its correctness. Prospective buyers or tenants need to take such action as is necessary, to satisfy themselves of any pertinent matters.