10/6 Beerburrum Street, Dicky Beach, QLD 4551
Enter Phone Code when prompted.
Portobello By The Sea, Rare Ground Floor Renovated Unit
MODERN COMPACT LIVING BY THE SEA!
Resort style living across the road from the glorious sea, Portobello by the Sea is nestled at Dicky Beach, a family oriented beach between Moffat on the south and CurrImundi to the north, in the beautiful Caloundra region. Across the road is a park with playground, BBQs, carpark, Dicky Beach Surf Club, skatepark and family holiday caravan park that all connect directly to the dunes and the patrolled beach. Attached to Portobello at the front side along Beerburrum St are several retail outlets: IGA, butcher, 2 takeaway cafes, a Bakery, The Giggling Goat Cafe, Tuk Tuk Thai Restaurant, Day Spa Amani, a Hairdressing Salon, a Pharmacy and alcohol outlet BWS. The units take up the whole corner, in an oval shape with tropical gardens, pool, bbqs and walkways internally, onto Rooke Street at the rear, where street parking is also possible, and a Japanese Restaurant located on the far corner also.
Portobello by the Sea offers underground gated/locked car parking and extra storage cages (at a minimal cost through management), a lift from the carpark, Resort Style Pool and BBQ area, tables and lounging chairs, lush well maintained gardens, onsite Management at Reception (they live here also) should you wish to discuss placing this unit in the holiday rental pool, and an active Body Corporate Committee (I am a current member) that meets quarterly. Currently BC Fees are TOTAL (all levies) approx. $5,000 for a one bedroom unit, but with payment on time 20% discount bringing them back to approx $4,000/year. Copies of these accounts and also rates are available to view. Electricity is metered by Management and paid monthly.
This unit has been re-created for 'tiny HOME living' with additions for extra storage and everyday permanent living, renovated in the following ways:
- NEW KITCHEN installed by Kitchen Connection Kawana.
- NEW FULL SIZED CHEF ELECTRIC UNDERBENCH OVEN.
- NEW FULL SIZED OMEGA CERAMIC STOVE TOP.
- FUNKY Kitchen Silky Oak Island Bench, free-standing.
- NEW HUGE built in wardrobe, white glass sliding doors, by Kitchen Connection (same as kitchen) Kawana.
- WALL BED!! in the living area, built-in, Queen Size standard mattress, spring loaded mechanism for easy of operating (looks like another cupboard).
- BAMBOO FLOORING, solid compressed bamboo overlay.
- EXTRA TIMBER shelving in kitchen, laundry cupboard, bathroom.
- NEW LED lights, NEW FANS, extra power points: one in hot water cupboard for rechargeable vac cleaner, one for phone/modem, new ones in kitchen.
- NEW SHEER WHITE CURTAINS, NEW BLINDS.
- NEW PLUMBING with new kitchen inc water filter, NEW PLUMBING under bathroom sink (braided pipe) and new tap.
- NEW TOILET and plumbing.
- BEAUTIFUL TIMBER book shelves to remain (perfect size for space) between new built in wardrobe and new wall bed.
- INTERNET and LANDLINE recently connected,
you would just need to connect with your own provider.
- WASHING MACHINE INCLUDED - NEW LG DUAL HUGE WASHER/DRYER COMBO 9kilo/5kilo
- Reverse-cycle air conditioning.
- INTERCOM system from reception entry point, I had this disabled, but you could re-enable it with Management.
- PAY TV and DAILY WIFI plan also available, see Management.
To clarify, the furniture to remain, is the large timber bookshelves, the kitchen island bench and the washer/dryer combo. Freestanding cupboard in the bathroom may stay if you require it (extra storage!).
Bedroom has a built-in robe w/sliding doors, a large window and glass sliding doors, a door into the bathroom, and beautiful Japanese style 'shoji' screens that separate from the living area.
The bedroom glass sliding doors, and the large living area glass sliding doors (both have block out and sheer curtains) open onto a large private deck, which is maintained by the BC (decking, gardens and drainage) but deemed 'personal use', surrounded by trees this is very private and shady in summer. There has very recently been drainage works completed under the decking with some boards replaced, and the BC Committee have new replacement decking 'on the agenda'.
Discuss with the Onsite Management if you are interested in the Holiday Rental Pool, they can give you return averages, alternatively there are permanent tenants in this complex (and this unit was rented for $320/wk for several years before I bought it and completed renovations). Option also to 'holiday rental pool' it part of the year, and live in it part of the year! Buy this to live in comfortably and virtually maintenance free ACROSS THE ROAD FROM THE STUNNING DICKY BEACH, and walk around the corner to MOFFAT, with the protected bay, cafes, Post Office, Doctors, brewery cafe, more parks... you get the picture.
10 minutes to SCUH (new hospital) and more new shops at Birtinya, 25 minutes to University of the Sunshine Coast, 15 minutes to the highway, 30 minutes to Sunshine Plaza, 30 minutes to Sunshine Coast Airport, 1 hour to Brisbane Airport.
THIS IS UNIT 10, LOCATED AT THE REAR (ROOKE ST) GROUND FLOOR OF THE COMPLEX, VIEWING BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, FLEXIBLE WITH TIMES. BE QUICK, GREAT VALUE IN THIS SUNSHINE COAST MARKET, SO CLOSE TO THE SEA AND ALL AMENITIES.
Portobello by the Sea has a website, please head there to view more images of the whole complex and the location.
NOTE: As a 'for sale by owner' my hired conveyancing service will also be preparing the legal contract at sale/purchase time (this is usually the R/E Agent).
For Sale By Owner (www.forsalebyowner.com.au) is a national service for home owners who are looking to sell or rent out their own homes without paying any real estate commission. Whilst every care has been taken to verify the accuracy of the details in this advertisement, we cannot guarantee its correctness. Prospective purchasers are requested to take such action as is necessary, to satisfy themselves of any pertinent matters.